Monday, March 27, 2006

The moment

Jan 21, 2005. A wait worth 24 years came to a halt. A pleasant halt. To be very honest, the conscious efforts in terms of all the learnings, the personal refinement and the sacrifices resulting in the curbing of a few instinctive decisions in me was zeroed down to realise this particular moment ASAP.

Yes, to be very precise and accurate, 21 January 2005, 8:10 PM was the moment when I received a call that surmounted loads of expectations and tensions. Never had I been so lenient and receptive to a roaming call. A call that lasted around 6-7 minutes. The end of which was the arrival of The moment. Felt as if I had been waiting for this moment for years together.

The moment - Me getting placed in Quadrangle

I was one of the blessed, lucky, and probably apt guys who was selected after a day long rigorous interview process.

All the more important was that of getting placed via a campus selection. My parents can now produly say to their peers and relatives that "My son has got a campus placement". Overcoming 12 competitive, knowledgeable HR contestants was not an easy ask, and doing so eventually brought a grin on my face.

Correction, a smile on my face.

The first thing I did after hearing and digesting the news was a telephone call to my parents. All the more eager were they. On the way to the booth (Courtesy - nill balance in my mobile), I have prepared how to deliver this news to my Parents. My mom picked the receiver, and I tried speaking.

Never in my life, had I felt speaking a pain. Not a word came out my mouth. If I am not exaggerating, tears were running down my cheeks, unknowingly. Then a sob. Stunned was the lady attending the booth. A 24 year old sobbing aloud, never minding her presence. It took all my efforts in saying, rather sharing this piece of news to my mom.

"Amma, velai kidachidichu ma"... A loud, lively lovely voice reciprocated, "Yemma Karthy, Congrats ma, rombbbba santhosam". Transferred to dad, now. A confession made "Me getting placed is entirely attributed to you both, dad". My dad was speechless, after a Congrats and for the first time in my life, I could hear him cry.

Messages and calls followed then from my well wishers and friends. With due respect to their support and wishes, I say, none could be compared to the likes of my mom's wish and my dad's tears. For me, my life's most emotional moment were those two hours. A moment I would cherish for my life.

And at this point of time I would like to express my Gratitude to the company that dared hiring me (I hope rightly so :-))). THANK YOU QUADRANGLE... For not only believing me, for not only giving a halt to my long wait, for not only making me aware of my capabilities, for not onlyrewarding my efforts, but also for gifting me The moment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ganesh:

Good that you are keeping the ball rolling....

Good topic, good flow, good choice of words...... believe me or not, a got my throat choked and my eyes a little too moist after reading the blog.... no no, I dont wanna call it as a blog.... "An Event".... Good that was......

Although I did not cry, when I was telling about my campus placement to my parents, but I could feel an air of pride, satisfaction and above all relief in my dad's words. You just re-telecast the same scene in my minds....Cool buddy cool.....

You are doing great and hope the legacy continues....

Cheers
Sabhari

9:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hero,

Nice to see the post.

Its good to remember such happenings. Hope that U will remember it for ever.

I can relate the same with me. Slightly different.

After a year of strong battle for job I was tired, drowned and almost exhausted.

At the moment I was totally frieghtened about my future.

6th Oct 2003. The day which I cannot forget in my life. That late evening put a full stop for my 1 year & 3 months aimless life. The interview was over at 9:15 PM. I still remember the balance in my mobile (140) which came to 3 at the end of my communication. The rang to my home. My mom took the phone. In my case on hearing the news my mom started crying. For a couple of minutes I was speechless. Warm wishes from my father & brother. I was congratulated by some of my friends.
Thanks to yahoo groups, the news spread to all my friends.

I started my career from that day in Kumaran systems. At that moment I decided to be in the same family ( Normally our staff call my company as family) atleast for a couple of years.

6th Oct 2005. The day came where I was in the position of interview panel. I conducted the interview for freshers. I was very happy on that which I cannot compare with any other sweeter moments of my life.

And the jounery is going smoothly till today..

Ganesh, your narration style is good & choice of the topic is superb. Made me think for a couple of minutes.

One thing, perform a spell check before posting in the blog.(Hope that you should have made it manually).

With sweet memories,
S.Karthikeyan

1:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ganesh!!

I think if you make writing your profession you will keep your readers' emotionally imbalanced. Too good to see you writing like this. We can see the emotions of a good son, a good employee and moreso of a good citizen.

Keep this momentum up.

However in this article there were some points that went unnoticed at your end. I would say unnoticed as you failed to give attention to them only in this article and it is always the case with all your writing.

1) There is flow of the same idea into another paragraph. One Idea should be in one paragraph.

2) Use of same terminologies or expression like Courtesy ( This is common in your talk and also in your writing). Change the expression.

Otherwise I think you have in it to do some good writing and in all possibilities if you keep doing so you are sure to reach heights too.

God bless you!

All the best

Regards

Prasanna

1:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say but Awesome post buddy!...

I could understand the pain through your post, the long wait you had to undergo. Keep it up dude!

Keep in touch ... and keep the posts coming :-)

11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home